You may have heard that having a few drinks is fine. For most people a glass or wine or a beer now and again is perfectly fine. Red wine contains antioxidants that are beneficial to your health. The problem with alcohol is many individuals simply can’t stop at one or two drinks and continue to consume alcohol well past any health benefits a glass of wine could give you. This is when you should think about quitting alcohol.
When Alcohol is Too Much
The typical backyard party involves the consumption of many glasses of beer or entire bottles of wine. This copious consumption destroys any health benefits from alcohol and starts to cause real harm to the body. When you consume alcohol, it harms all the organs of the body and depresses the nervous system.
The liver is only able to process a small amount of alcohol at one time. A small glass of red wine with a meal would be fine but once you start drinking several glasses your liver becomes overwhelmed. As you keep drinking, your body starts to lose function and you become seriously impaired. If you drive a vehicle, you become a serious danger to not only yourself but also others on the road.
Benefits of Quitting Drinking
When you quit, you will see many benefits:
- Improved Health – Once you quit drinking your health will improve. You will no longer be taxing your liver with too much alcohol and you’ll decrease your chances of developing alcohol related diseases such as cirrhosis of the liver or heart problems. When you adopt a healthy diet and exercise, you can lose the weight you have been carrying around from all that drinking.
- More Income – Alcohol is expensive and it can deplete your finances in short order. When you quit drinking, you will have more income to do fun things besides drinking. You could take a trip, or go out to dinner more often.
- More Productivity – When you drink too much the hangover the next day makes it almost impossible to do anything else properly. When you stop drinking, you’ll get more done and your productivity will rise. You will also reduce the risk of losing your job due to sick days you take off from hangovers.
- No Risk to Others– When your drunk you can be a risk to other people as you have no idea what you’ll do when you drink. You might get into a fight; you might drive and kill someone or any number of various scenarios. When you do not drink, you don’t have that unpredictability anymore. Drinking impairs your ability to function as a normal individual.
- End Addiction – Your addiction to alcohol destroys your life in many ways. You could have family problems, personal relationship problems; you can lose your job, or go to jail for being intoxicated in public. When you stop drinking, you can recover much of your lost life back and heal from those you have hurt.
- End Binges – You won’t have those all night alcoholic binges where you drink to the point of passing out. You will not pose a danger to your well-being any longer when you give up alcohol.
- Accomplishment – You will have a real sense of accomplishment if you quit drinking. You won’t be controlled by substance abuse anymore and you can feel free to be the person you always wanted to be. Freedom from alcohol will allow you to have personal freedom too.
More Benefits From Quitting Alcohol
When you give up alcohol, you get so many positive benefits. If you are addicted then giving up alcohol is the best thing you can do for yourself. One drink is too many and the sooner you quit the better off you’re going to be. There are services out there that can help you give up alcohol and reclaim the life that you have lost. These professionals can work with you to end your alcohol dependency and bring you on the road to a real recovery.
Learn How to Quit Drinking Alcohol
Download our Give Up Alcohol Course which has been specially designed to help you quit drinking alcohol from the comfort and privacy of your own home, without having to go to AA or take up expensive counseling.